Fission reactors cause stuttering and FPS drops

I didn’t see any images above, but is any vanilla redstone or GT6 redstone that isn’t covered by rubber being used? Redstone wires cause chunk updates when the change.

2 Likes

I used GT6 redstone wires covered by rubber. Isolating the wires is useful, although when used with critical reactors it does not prevent chunk updates completely.

2 Likes

A couple more things that cause additional updates to chunks noticed during experiments with reactors. This doesn’t cause significant performance issues, but I think the fewer chunk updates the better, especially in the case of always-on automated setups.

1. The largest Boilers and Tanks have a volume that exceeds the maximum value that can be set in the corresponding Sensors and because of this, the Sensors have to be switched to the first Scale Mode, which does not require configuration. But in this mode, the Sensor constantly displays the current percentage and causes the chunk to update when it changes. An alternative Mode that works like the first Scale Mode but does not show the current percentage would be useful. This may be a new Mode or a modification to the second Scale Mode, i.e. if the set value is zero, then the second Scale Mode works like the first Scale Mode except for displaying the current percentage.

2. A Redstone Selector installed on an Extender that is connected to a Reactor Core causes additional chunk updates whenever the rods are switched. Sometimes this happens even if the Extender and Reactor Core are in the same chunk and at the same height. Apparently, when switching, the appearance of Redstone Selector and Reactor Core does not always change at the same time. It seems that additional chunk updates do not occur if Redstone Selector is installed directly on Reactor Core. It would be nice to be able to turn off the display of the current mode on the Redstone Selector, especially since this cover is usually partially covered by Redstone Wires, which reduces the usefulness of the display.

2 Likes

Hrrm, 1. is definitely a problem, I might need to add another Sensor for that one.

And 2. is because the Redstone Selector is updating instantly while the Reactor is updating delayed for preventing Lag. And if the Cover is updating the visuals then the rest of the Block the Cover is attached to will just send it along with the Cover Data, combining it into 1 update.

2 Likes

Okay I added a Kilo-Bucket-O-Meter which will measure Fluids in Cubic Decameters, aka dam³s.

Yes I know Mega-Liters would have been more appropriate but this is far more funny XD

3 Likes
  1. A new sensor for measuring compression in Large Boilers would also be useful, but a new liquid sensor for this would also work, thanks.

2. Is it possible to add the ability to disable the Redstone Selector display so that it does not change the appearance and cannot cause additional chunk updates when it is installed on the Extender?

3 Likes