Filter blocks help

How to filter block? How work both facing (setting by common and monkey wrench)?
I tried make sorting production by ore dictionary filter, but can’t understand, how it works. It just passes through itself? My filter passes all items, ignoring oredict prefixes… I want sort crusher production for sluice and stone processing, but lots of barrels is bulky and filter covers are expensive.

2 Likes

The facing that is set with the common Wrench is where the filtered Items go

The facing that the Monkey Wrench sets is where anything that comes in from the common Wrench side ends up in (so you can filter things going in, but not have to filter things going out the same side)

And all the other Facings are for putting things into the Filter.

1 Like

thanks. How to mark fluid filter (cover) by steam? GT6 doesn’t contain… container with it.

2 Likes

Uhhhhh shit. That is probably an Issue. XD

I will put it on the List of things to fix.

2 Likes

you forbidden to accumulate steam in containers, maybe add… dunno… blank list with fluid? and register it on pipes filled with fluid, lol

2 Likes

Nah, i think just a token item would do just fine.
Container of steam with 0 capacity.

2 Likes

Yeah I know this definitely needs some sort of Fix, but i have to think about how to properly do it without letting people store Steam. :wink:

2 Likes

use blueprints for write liquids in pipes, heh

2 Likes

Measuring pots for liquids and gas cylinders for gasses. Low enough storage, I guess.

2 Likes

Any storage of steam breaks the idea. Because you can automate that with other stuff to expand said storage.

The only way i can think of that doesn’t mean changing how anything works is to make a unique container that has zero steam in it. As it’s steam, you can still make a filter with it.

2 Likes

pipes can’t connect nozzles, boilers contains water only, container blocks can’t… contain steam
edit: wait, steam cracker and autoclave can

2 Likes