Electrolyser recipe fail

Hello there, i’m big fan of GT since 2012 i think(thanks fot great job!), but first time there is something i have to report
Not 100% sure thats a bug, but i couldn’t run melted MgCl2 -> Cl2 + Mg recipe for Electrolyser(part of Ti production line i hope)
NEI says this is 42GU/t operation tier 1
изображение
i’m using MV electrolyser supplied by electric dynamo(MV)
which gives 88EU/t from 128RU\t
which is got from Ti Diesel engine(128RU\t)
So for numbers seems ok(should be enough) but it just not running(selector tag in a place of course)

I checked with recipe consumes <32EU/t and they worked, does it mean, MV machines reqiers “at least” 128EU\t to run 32EU+ recipes?
OR its because “Diesel” shows 64GU/t output, and we only could get that much from diesel engine?(i expect x2 fuel consumption to get 128RU, but who knows)

4 Likes

Recipe is LV (42 EU/t), machine is MV. So recipe is overclocked once (4x EU/t, half time).

It should work with LV electrolyzer, LV dynamo and invar diesel engine.

5 Likes

Hmm, i expected LV recipes would be below 32… so thats mean 0<LV<64, 64<MV<256 etc?
And any recipe in this ranges suggested as that tear recipe, and using upper level mashine forces overclocking?

3 Likes

Yes if you use a Machine that is a Higher Tier than the Recipe you also need to supply x4^Tiers times the Power. :wink:

3 Likes

Heh okay, looks like i had a false hopes to skip one tier :}
@laurynasl thanks for quick answer
@Gregorius thanks for addition, and for all the work to make minecraft expirience so fascinatingly educational!

3 Likes

One more thing. 16 <= LV <= 64, 64 <= MV <= 256, etc. That means than 64 is both LV and MV. And that’s very useful.

3 Likes

But this will work only(!) if recipe consumes exact 64EU/t right?

3 Likes

“Exactly 64” will work in an MV Machine at 64 without Overclock.

As for the 42 Recipe, try running it at 64 in an LV Machine, that will work too. :wink:

2 Likes

In my case only option is 44EU/t for now, cause its early “EU” age without any batteries\boxes yet,
anyway, thanks for answers, things become more clear now, thats my first GT6 world, and i’m really happy with progression :}

3 Likes