Cutting a germanium boule

Requires 32 GU/t. I have a dense invar and two regular invar boilers driving an invar turbine that has never had any trouble delivering the 64 GU/t into a bronze centrifuge for centrifuging sluice juice, but now I’m using it to drive a steel buzzsaw to cut germanium boules and it started, then stopped and refuses to continue. WTF? I know that there is an overlcocking penalty for using steel instead of a bronze buzzsaw so it will take twice as much GU in total to do the job, but the minimum tier doesn’t increase does it? 64 RU/t should work right? And if not, why did it consume the boule and start the job in the first place, then stop?

2 Likes

Use Bronze Buzzsaw. You always need to be in the middle of the Tier Input with those Recipes (so 128 GU/t with Steel Buzzsaw), you cant just use a higher Tier Machine.

1 Like

Why do you need to be in the middle of the tier for these recipes and not others?

2 Likes

It is like that with all Recipes that are there. Whenever you go one Tier up, you need to supply 4 times the Power for a Recipe to work, that is how Tier based Overclocking works since even the GT5 days.

1 Like

Like I said in my original post, I know the total doubles, but the minimum tier doesn’t double as well does it?

I guess you are saying that the power tier also scales up. I see.

2 Likes