Crucible alloying signalum

I found that you have fixed the problem that the crucible alloying recipes of stainless steel and ultimet can produce nickel chromium alloy instead of corresponding alloy normally. I think signalum also has this problem. Copper and silver will become sterling silver. I hope you can fix?

2 Likes

Yep, it was already on my list, but remember, you really need to update GT6 in order to get any of the fixes. You are still running an Ancient Version from over a year ago as far as I know.

Anyways that’s fixed too now.

1 Like

The reason why I didn’t update the version was that I collected too many dark ashes, and then the next version of that version cancelled the dark ashes ironmaking. I didn’t want to waste the resources I had collected, and because of my studies, I only had 2 hours of game time on Sunday afternoon, which led to that I didn’t consume all those dark ashes. In addition, I had been burning coal, and I didn’t have enough time A lot of dark ashes will be produced. Up to yesterday, 800+ Dark ashes have not been consumed…I think I can consume all the ashes before my exam in April (the day of the exam is just Sunday. Fuck, it can only be game time changed to Tuesday after the exam…)

Also, I found that if we use red alloy to make signalum, it will cause greater loss, because 1 copper + 4 red stone produces 1 unit of red alloy instead of 5 units of red alloy

2 Likes

Red Alloy is a 5:1 thing, meaning its 5 times denser than usual Alloys, there is no loss as you call it.

And you are aware Dark Ashes still exist and are outputted by Coal and Stuff right? So even after you update, all Dark Ashes will still be produced.

1 Like

But 5 red alloy + 1 copper + 2 silver = 4 signalum instead of 1 red alloy + 1 copper + 2 silver, which means you need 5 times the red alloy.

Although dark ash will still be produced after the update, the diesel engine can make me less dependent on coal, so it will not produce too much dark ash, which can be quickly consumed by concrete or bituminous peat. (I gave all the calcium carbonate in the base to the fluidized bed burning box, and there wasn’t much leather to collect the sticky resin, so I couldn’t use these methods to consume the black ash quickly And considering the need for a lot of iron in the lategame)

2 Likes

Uhh, you are aware that i go with the exact ratio that Thermal Expansion uses for Signalum right? There is no way I can change that. And yes it uses a crapton of Redstone in the original Recipe, luckily Red Alloy also uses a ton of Redstone, while only counting as one Copper Ingot otherwise, making the Maths easier.

So the Recipe is 3 Copper + 1 Silver + 10 Redstone = 4 Signalum, which yes needs 2.5 Red Alloy to make 4 Signalum. The Recipe is 100% Correct, while your Maths is not, because you go 4 Signalum for 5 Red Alloy even though that would result in 8 Signalum.

1 Like

But in mixer, you can make 4 signalum cheaper with 2 redstone + 1 silver + 1 copper

2 Likes

No you DON’T, seriously if I tell you to update, GO UPDATE. There has been so many balance fixes in the recent times, and there is no reason why “using up dark ashes” would be hindering you from updating.

1 Like

I’m with greg on this one, not updating for a year just because of dark ashes is extremely trivial to solve. Just… add a recipe for centrifuging dark ashes into carbon dust or something.

Hell, if you don’t wanna work out something with MTutils and just wanna use an extremely basic minetweaker recipe just double carbon dust by crafting it together with dark ashes in the crafting table. It’s literally just the same thing with extra steps.

But honestly, crippling yourself this hard out of QoL fixes and updates and fixed bugs just because of an extremely easily fixable is like shooting yourself in the foot because a bird landed on your shoe.

3 Likes

I UPDATED IT!Wait, I’ll test it next week…
And, recently, you’ve been adding something that doesn’t have a lot of use (like BBQ ribs), when can you add something really useful (like Ta-Hf Carbide tank?)

2 Likes

Well, when I am actually motivated to add more things. The BBQ Ribs were a sudden spike in motivation due to realizing the stupid joke I could do with it…

3 Likes