Charcoal brick to standard charcoal bug?

Converting charcoal to charcoal brick is awesome as it means I can stack up charcoal around the coke furnaces, however the recipe to change it back to charcoal gives 4 charcoal chunks instead, meaning I can’t use charcoal bricks in recipes/furnaces that call for charcoal.
I think this might be a bug as it says it’s supposed to output charcoal as a result.

2 Likes

Okay there definitely is a Recipe overlap there. Might need to make that one a Shaped Recipe for getting higher priority over the shapeless ones.

Edit: Did you try putting it into THAT exact Slot first?

2 Likes

That exact slot, pretty sure the other slots produce nuggets, chunks etc. Also why I used the 4x4 crafting grid to be extra sure.

2 Likes

I think you mean 2x2? XD

2 Likes

:grin: right, was working on other stuff when I wrote that.

2 Likes

Marked as a solution because you are aware and so no need to bump.

2 Likes

Okay I tested it after fixing something, it should work now.

2 Likes

Thanks, nice one. :+1:

2 Likes

Hi Greg, was this fix included in the latest release? I’m still getting the same issue of charcoal blocks turning into either chunks or nuggets based on where I place them in the grid rather than charcoal.

2 Likes

Charcoal BLOCKS?! I thought you meant Bricks and Gems

1 Like

Brick, brick, I meant brick.

1 Like

But i literally tested it myself, it works fine for me, what Mods do you have? Maybe one of them messes up Crafting Recipe sorting.

2 Likes

Yep look’s like something on my end, tested with just Gregtech and it’s working fine. I also still have the prospecting bug I mentioned earlier but the funnel visual bug and new features/tooltips are all fine/updated.

Weird but that’s fine, probably just need to build a new world again. :+1: Cheers for checking.

2 Likes

wait prospecting bug? i thought i fixed that one by actually using the default locale as a fallback.

1 Like

Yup, works fine with just GT so it’ll be something on my end. Not sure what would cause both like that but It’s not GT.
I have over a hundred mods installed so could be any number of them or it might just be the world, either way I’ll test later on with different setups.

2 Likes