Centrifuging netherrack dust

Hey Greg.

Is the by-product output % for centrifuging netherrack dust really correct?
If my math isn’t completely off you’ll get over half a stack of redstone dust and coal dust from shredding and centrifuging a single stack of netherrack. It might even be a net energy thing, if you use the coal dust to feed the processing… if someone bothers to do the math…

I distinctly remember it felt more balanced last time I checked, but back then I don’t think one netherrack gave you 9 netherrack dusts, but rather just one piece?

2 Likes

All your observations are correct, I need to fix something, lol.

2 Likes

So I pushed a Secret Version that should work for the Recipe if you wanna try it out.

2 Likes

Thank you Greg, these new numbers look a lot more reasonable.

2 Likes

Yeah my change from Dusts to Dust Blocks kinda 9x-ed the whole thing without me considering that there is the Dust Centrifuge Recipes. I did have to change the overall Values too though so they are more easily divisible by 9 for the smaller Recipe.

2 Likes

Hey Greg. Actually, one thing…
Doing a block of netherrack dust or endstone dust is taking same time as doing a single dust piece: 64 ticks for netherrack, 144 for endstone.
Shouldn’t the block forms be 9x the time as well? :thinking:

2 Likes

In fact, that seems to go for some other things as well, like mixing c-foam and what not.
The bigger batches like 4KL takes the same time as 1KL.

While doing blocks of concrete dust (rather dust pieces) seems to be scaling properly in time.

2 Likes

whoopsie, gotta fix that too i guess XD

2 Likes

Thank you, Greg.
And since we’re at it… the small piles vs normal piles recipes for making 1x vs 4x gunpowder in the mixer with are all 16 ticks as well.

There might be other such recipes in the 66600+ mixer list of recipes, but I didn’t check for stuff I don’t use most of the time :sweat_smile:. Perhaps dynamite, every pulp&glyceryl-to-dynamite dust recipe is the same 32 ticks no matter if you’re doing dust/small/tiny.

2 Likes

perlite production looks weird too, one dust of perlite to 9 of obsidian

2 Likes

That’s quite a good way to make perlite ore less useless.

2 Likes

Gonna change them to ore multiplier 8 and make the Dusts 1:1 in size.

2 Likes

Drying 1 perlite dust in the Dryer gets you 9 obsidian dust, compared to 9x perlite dust → 9x obsidian dust in the centrifuge.
And it costs less energy to boot :sweat:

2 Likes

whoops, automated recipe is still there, that was not supposed to be the case. Also fixing the Dryer Recipe then I guess.

2 Likes

Hey Greg
Sorry for necro:ing an old thread, but it just kept bothering me to no end… :smiling_face_with_tear:

The various mixer recipes for dust/small dust + molten glass + molten dye to stained GT glass are the same energy-time for 1x small dust → 1x glass and 1x dust → 4x glass.

And then there’s the colored nether crystals from Netherlicious 3.2.8… shredding an individiual crystal shard (1x shard → 1x fluorite dust) takes double the time/energy of shredding the crystal shard block form (4x shard block → 4x fluorite dust).

And I’m surprised there’s no GT processing recipes for the Netherlicious Crystal Clusters/Crystal Buds that grow everywhere in the nether. You have to use the crafting recipes to get shards which you then can properly crush or shred…

2 Likes

Adding those things to the list of things to looks at. ^^

2 Likes

Thank you.

The missing recipes are for Crystal Clusters/Small Crystal Clusters, to be precise.

It’s just weird having these manual crafting steps in between, as the resulting CaF2 shards are gem[Color/Any]Fluorite that can be properly processed.

2 Likes