About GT6 Machine Recipe Edit

Oh what the fuck is wrong now, are they seriously trying to access a private field without specifying the class?! Gah, I am gonna add a fake field then to fix that garbage…

2 Likes

And again an attempt at fixing it.

2 Likes

:wink: Yay no error, the log looks correct and running the script that previously errored it appears to remove iron from the loot table, can’t tell if it’s completely working till a few chests are found but looks good to me.

3 Likes

I just tested it and it looks like I can modify Dungeon Chest properly.
But there is still a small problem.
If I remove all Dungeon Loots of a certain type.Then use NEI to get a GT6 Dungeon Loot Treasure Box.
The box will not open.The game crashed when the chest was destroyed.
Although I don’t need to remove all the items,but someone need to?
In addition, this is crash-report.
crash-2019-04-29_12.02.16-server.txt (8.3 KB)

Another thing:What about the crusher and shredder recipe edit mentioned earlier?

2 Likes

Removing all Dungeon Loot from the List will crash the Game, nothing I can do about it. Add a Stick or something as Loot to prevent that.

And what did you mention about Shredder/Crusher Recipes? Did you edit your post again after I have already read it, making me skip over it?

3 Likes

About five hours ago I downloaded GT6 from Secret Download Page.Now this is the case:

1. By changing the config content in config/recipes to 0, the Shredder recipe is still available,the Shredder still processes it.
  2. Neither click on the middle icon in the machine nor query the synthesis method of the finished product can see the closed synthesis.But I can see when you look up the use of the material.
    (For example, the workbench is a finished product and the plank is a material. When inquiring about all the recipe or looking at the recipe of the workbench, you can not see the recipe of the workbench, but when inquiring about the use of the plank, you can see the recipe of the workbench.And you can still use planks to make workbench.)
    This picture is what I call middle icon. I don’t know how to express it.
    QQ%E6%88%AA%E5%9B%BE20190429165116
2 Likes

I recommend small piles of stone dust, ash, bones or rocks as well.

2 Likes

The Shredder is a complicated case, it has to be able to Recycle literally anything that has Material Data attached to it, except things that are already Dusts, or Stuff like Ore Blocks. That Recycling Part is what might end up preventing the removal of a Recipe.

And disabling the Shredder Recipe of something that can be recycled doesn’t make sense since the Crucible could Recycle it just as well and that one isn’t even configurable due to its complexity being even greater than any Recipe List can be.

So what Item do you actually want to remove from the Shredder and for what reason?

2 Likes

I made a set of my own materials, including minerals and other things, basically using only GT6 machines.
Although the machine’s recipe is made of my own material, if I put the machine into the Shredder, it will produce GT6 material.
Of course, that’s not possible.So I want to delete Shredder’s original recipes, replace it with my own material or simply remove it.

Wait, I probably don’t need to use my own material completely.
I wanted to use my own material because I couldn’t modify the cauldron cleaning for crushed ores.
So make my own crushed ore is enough.This should be entirely feasible.

But if possible, I would like to modify the Shredder recipe. Because if I need to change the recipe of some machines in the future, Shredder may produce more dust than the material.

2 Likes

You can remove a Shredder Recycling Recipe if you put a replacement Recipe, so you need to do both at once, removing and after that adding the Recipe you actually want.

And I wonder, what Material did you add?

2 Likes

If I add a recipe that produces other items, NEI will show the new recipe.
But if I put the material into the machine, I still use the previous recipe.
(For example, I set up four planks to make one furnace. NEI shows that four planks can make one furnace. But when I actually make it, I still produce a workbench.)

The materials I added include ingot, stick, long stick, plate… I basically made one of the materials I need to use.It wasn’t until yesterday that I realized it was unnecessary.

2 Likes

Ingots, Sticks and Plates are not Materials they are Shapes, I asked for Materials. :stuck_out_tongue:

As for the Shredder, just to make sure you did it right, here is the order in which to do things:

Step 1: Remove Recipe for X to Dust
Step 2: Add Recipe for X to YourItem

If you did that in this order and it didnt work then there might be a Bug.

Edit: if it is what I suspect happened, it might be MineTweaker removing the Recipe wrongly, so that its no longer in the List but still in the HashMaps.

1 Like

In Chinese, different Shapes are always referred to as Materials, so at first I thought you meant this.:joy:I’m currently making these:Copper,Bronze,Invar,Steel,Wrougt Ingot.

I don’t know if I understand your steps correctly, but I think I did the same as you said.In order to avoid misunderstanding, I will describe my steps.

I found a recipe for making flour from flowers in config/recipes/shredder.cfg.Then change it to 0 as usual.Restart the game.There’s no flower in flour recipe.
Then I used MTUtils to add a recipe for using that flower to make something else.Restart the game. I can see this recipe in NEI.
But when the flower was put into Shredder, it still produced flour…

In addition, previous versions of Shredder showed more than 40,000 recipes in NEI, but now there are only less than 3,000.
It seems that only the recipes in shredder.cfg will be displayed in the click on the middle icon in the shredder.If that’s the case, I might not be able to turn off the recipes by changing them to 0.Because shredder.cfg doesn’t seem to have machine recipes.(I mean the recipes that turn machines into dusts.)

2 Likes

But all of those already exist in GT6. So why add them, when they are already there?

As for Shredder Recipes in NEI, yes they are mostly autogenerated once you actually put the item into the Shredder, Stuff like that saves about 20 minutes of Minecraft startup time.

And you found the Buckwheat to Flour Recipe there, and that Flower can be turned into Flour IRL too.

Hrrm, did you make the Duration of the Recipe you added different from the Duration of the Recipe you removed? Maybe the one MineTweaker added uses the same Config due to that coincidence.

2 Likes

It wasn’t until yesterday that I found it foolish to make every kind of material…

I used different durations in previous tests.Now I tested the same duration.
This time NEI still shows the original recipe, not the new recipe as before.Machine output remains unchanged.

2 Likes

Damn this Issue is stupidly complicated. Why do the Configs work and not work at the same time…

1 Like

It seems that the items created by Custom Stuff 3 can’t be used in GT6 machine recipes?

2 Likes

I doubt that is the case, there must be an error in my recipe and config system that I dont see.

Maybe try this Version again, I did something but I dont know if said something will help.

2 Likes

I downloaded this version.It seems to work.
I used MTUtils to add a recipe for using flowers.
Recipes/shredder.cfg also automatically adds “I:“gt.block.flower.a.1;_144”=144”
Then I changed the original line “I:“gt.block.flower.a.1; _16”=16” to 0, and the new recipe could be used.
It seems that the same duration cannot be used.But that shouldn’t be a serious problem.

This method can also be used to modify recipes that do not exist in shredder.cfg.I don’t even need to change the original recipe to 0.

2 Likes

Yeah the Duration had to be different because MineTweakered Recipes will ALSO use that Config File, so the Recipes you add might also instantly be disabled with that same Config, luckily the Default Value is always part of the Name of the Config.

Oh btw, in the next Version some Shredder Recipes will be cheaper, this may change the default value of some Config Lines and therefore technically their Name. Just making sure you double check the Configs after that Update.

2 Likes